|I'm flyyyyyyiiiing through the cloud.....get it? Cloud? Teams is in the cloud. Got it? Good.|
The UCDialplans.com Winter of Code continues at a torrid pace!
Hot on the heels of the MS Teams EV Backup/Restore scripts is another script that I can't believe someone hasn't already cooked up.
Say that you have a well-oiled Skype for Business Enterprise Voice deployment that you carefully cultivated over the years into a perfectly tuned beast. You're considering migrating to Teams, but aren't terribly enthusiastic about having to recreate all that magic in Teams.
Well, worry no more! I've created a script that will copy all of your Skype for Business Enterprise Voice settings into MS Teams. It will handle the following:
- SfB dialplans into Teams dialplans (along with all normalization rules, of course)
- SfB PSTN usages into Teams PSTN usages
- SfB voice routes into Teams voice routes
- SfB voice policies into Teams voice routing policies
- SfB trunk translation rules into Teams translation rules
- SfB PSTN gateways into Teams PSTN gateways
Most of this is completely automatic, except for the PSTN gateway part. Teams PSTN gateways have to be publicly accessible via FQDN, and that FQDN's domain name has to be registered in the O365 tenant. Chances are pretty good that the SfB PSTN gateways won't conform to those requirements. The script will first look for an existing Teams gateway that matches each SfB gateway. If one isn't found, the user will be prompted to do one of the following:
- match the SfB gateway to an existing Teams gateway with a different FQDN
- create a new Teams gateway with the same FQDN as the SfB gateway (only works if the SfB gateway already meets the Teams FQDN requirements)
- create an entirely new Teams gateway
- don't match the SfB gateway
All this is presented to the user in a straightforward menu. Once all the selections are complete, the selected matches are shown before erasing any existing Teams EV configs and migrating the SfB EV configuration:
The usual trained monkeys will then migrate all the SfB EV settings to Teams, with a few caveats:
- Since Teams doesn't have "sites", site-level SfB dialplans will be converted to user-level dialplans
- Same deal with site-level voice policies
- If there are duplicate translation rules, they will be merged into one, but translation rules with the same name, but different patterns/translations will be changed to include the PSTN gateway name to avoid conflicts.
If all goes well, the script should progress like this:
If you want to see more details around how the secret sauce is made, run the script with the -Verbose switch:
Once complete, your SfB Enterprise Voice config should be completely migrated to Teams. Check things over to be sure. If you elected to create Teams PSTN gateways, you will have to revisit them using Set-CsOnlinePSTNGateway to make sure they're configured correctly.
Hopefully, this script will help make your transition to Teams that much simpler!